Personal data is any information about you that allows you to be identified. For the purposes of your custom with LXL we may collect your name, your address, your phone number, email address, and payment information. This is information necessary for us to provide the service you require. LXL respects the privacy of its customers, and we are committed to the responsible use of any personal data that you provide to us.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR USING PERSONAL DATA
- Consent: Ordinarily, personal data would be provided to LXL with your consent on the basis of the provision of any service you contract to receive from us.
- Contract: When you place an order with LXL a contract for services is formed between us and we must gather certain personal information from you in order to affect that contract with you. For example, to provide you with an invoice for services rendered, or to post your order, we will need the information to contact you.
- For a legitimate interest: We may use your information where there is a legitimate reason to do so. A legitimate interest may arise where we use your information to help achieve our business objectives or to facilitate a benefit to you or someone else. We only rely on legitimate interests if the reason for using your information is fair and lawful. For example:
- Compliance with law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data. There may be situations where we need to use your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations or to defend claims.
At any given time, LXL rely on at least one of the above legal grounds to collect and process your personal data.
WAYS THAT WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data when you provide it to us and through use of our Site or purchase of our products. For example, when you subscribe to our newsletter online, complete our online forms, contact customer care or participate in a promotion, or pay for a product. We also collect personal information when you browse our website through cookies. With your permission, your credit card information may be held using secure encryption-based technology for the routine payment of your invoices from LXL.
We may share your information as follows:
- LXL Employees: in line with their duty to provide you a high level of service.
- Suppliers: we may provide information to other third-parties that provide services on our behalf such as dealing with online payments and other forms of payment processing or web analytics;
- Advertisers: we may provide information to our advertising partners and providers;
- Legal and regulatory bodies: reveal your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other organisation if we are required to do so to meet a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else.
We currently share information with:
- Google Analytics – we use Google Analytics to track our website’s traffic. These cookies collect anonymous information and allow us to view how the site, section and/or article performs. We are then able to tailor the website to provide a better experience for our customers, as well as optimize our website’s performance. We collect data about our traffic via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation;
- Shopify – we use Shopify for our e-commerce platform. For more information, please visit https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
- Mailchimp – we use Mailchimp for some of our marketing campaigns. For more information about Mailchimp please visit https://mailchimp.com/why-mailchimp/.
These organisations may change from time to time without any notice to you. Any organisations however, which access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf will be required to comply with all applicable Cayman Islands data protection laws and we may, from time to time, review our service providers to make sure that they meet the standards required by the DPA. Note that we will not share your personal information with any non-affiliated company for their own marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do this.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
In connection with the above purposes your personal information may be transferred outside of the Cayman Islands, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the Cayman Islands Ombudsman as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal information as is provided for in the Cayman Islands. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to protect the privacy and integrity of such personal information and, in particular, we will comply with our obligations under relevant data protection laws and regulations governing such transfers, which may include:
- entering into a contract governing the transfer which contains the “standard contractual clauses” approved for this purpose by the Ombudsman;
- where appropriate, transferring your personal information pursuant to binding corporate rules; or
- a transfer where the Ombudsman has decided that the recipient ensures an adequate level of protection.
We will keep your personal information as long as it is necessary for the uses described in this Policy or where there is a legitimate reason to do so. We may need to retain information for statutory reasons, accounting purposes or to comply with our obligations under law or regulation.
If we no longer need your personal information in full we will make efforts to anonymise or aggregate it, thereby removing all details that identify you.
If we have asked for your consent to process your personal information and you withdraw your permission or if we have no other lawful grounds to continue with that processing, we will delete your personal data.
When you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we will keep your email address to ensure that we comply with your request.
UPDATING AND EDITING INFORMATION
When you register for an account with us, you will receive access to your user page. By clicking “Settings” you can navigate to “My Account” which allows you to update your basic details (name and email address).
- The information in this section is required in order for us to confirm your identity and offer you the benefits included for account holders such as the ability to view order history and track the status of current and future orders.
- You may update this information at any time. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish us to remove information.
You may access those areas of the LXL Boutique website that require registration for an LXL account. If you register you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords and for all activities that occur under your account. If you no longer wish to have a registered account, you may terminate it by sending an email to email@example.com .
While LXL is in possession of your personal data, you may contact us at any time if you would like to see details of the personal data that we hold about you and the purpose(s) for which your personal information is being used, and/or details of the third parties with whom we may share your personal data. Additionally, you may request for LXL to correct, update, supplement or delete the personal data that we hold about you. You may contact a member of our customer services team at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact details included on our website here.
We may contact you by email or other means to inform you about other services or events which may be of interest to you. You have the right at any time to stop us from using your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing and/or to request that we do not contacting you for marking purposes. If you would like us to cease direct marketing, please select the “unsubscribe” option located in the footer of our emails, or contact our customer services team on the following email: email@example.com
Any information about yourself or others that you post on our social media pages, on platforms like Instagram and other chat rooms, blogs and forums, will be viewed by others (including search engines), over which we have no control. You are solely responsible for the information you choose to post or otherwise make available in public areas, and in making it available, you acknowledge that it may be collected and used by third parties. When contributing to a discussion, we strongly recommend you avoid sharing any personal details, and especially information that can be used to identify you directly. We are not responsible for the privacy of any identifiable information that you post in our social media.
If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these Terms, we may, at our sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of LXL Boutique’s site immediately and without prior notice. We may terminate your registered account, at our sole discretion.
Continued use of the LXL Boutique site indicates your continued acceptance of these Terms. If you no longer accept these Terms (or any future amendment of these Terms) you must cease using the LXL Boutique site.
If you want to make any of these requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to request information from you to confirm your identity.
CONTACT WITH YOU
From time-to-time LXL Boutique may send you emails, for example, confirming your order or providing you with notifications of our new collections. Further, if you have raised a query or a complaint with us, we may contact you to answer your query or to resolve your complaint.
If you are unhappy with our response, or would like independent assistance regarding your personal data, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the Cayman Islands DPA. The Cayman Islands supervisory authority is the Ombudsman, PO Box 2252, Grand Cayman KY1-1107, Cayman Islands, https://ombudsman.ky/data-protection.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes.